1. Read the entry rules for the Saga Travel Writing Competition carefully. Writers must be age 50 and older. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travel-competitions/10957273/Away-With-Words-Saga-travel-writing-competition.html
Deadline: August 15, 2014.
2. Stone Canoe Literary Essay competition. http://stonecanoejournal.org/submit.html
Deadline: July 31, 2014. Author must have connection to upstate New York.
3. Enter the second annual I Must Be Off! Travel Essay competition. There’s no entry fee.http://www.imustbeoff.com/2014/03/announcing-second-annual-i-must-be-off.html
Deadline June 30, 2014. Bookmark for next year.
4. We Said Go Travel offers a writing contest: http://www.wesaidgotravel.com/writing-contest/
Deadline: July 18, 2014.
5. Washington Post Travel Photo Contest: http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/travel/the-2014-travel-photo-contest-now-coming-to-a-newspaper-near-you/2014/05/23/3605f772-df9f-11e3-9743-bb9b59cde7b9_story.html
Deadline July 25, 2014.
6. Their contest is closed for 2014, but GoAbroad.com is looking for writers interested in contributing blog posts.
7. The Ninth Annual Solas Best Travel Writing Competition is open for entries.
Deadline: September 21, 2014.
8. Transitions Abroad is a foundation pillar in the alternative, educational and independent travel experience. Founded in 1977, it continues to be relevant and active online in 2014.
9. Nowhere seeks strong literary writing. Considering the writers published within, this publication is probably not for raw beginners. Know your craft.
10. Just Back, the weekly travel writing competition for the Telegraph, UK offers these guidelines.